We have been back from break for a few weeks now and our volleyball unit is coming to an end. You have been given your study guide for the test. The next unit we will be working on is cup stacking. Now you may think to yourself, cup stacking in PE? There are many benefits to cup stacking. Here are some just to start with:
1. Sport Stacking is a fitness based sport that kids from all backgrounds and abilities can do.
2. Sport stacking levels the playing field for all kids. Non-Athletic kids can now compete head to head with their more athletic counterparts. This significantly raises student self-esteem, motivating them to work harder in PE and be excited to participate.
3. Sport stacking not only promotes physical fitness, but also academic learning. Students that sport stack on a regular basis have shown increases in test scores and levels of concentration. This is achieved by students using both their right and left sides of their brain. When students sport stack they are crossing the "midline" of their bodies and developing new connections in their brains. These new connections help to spur brain growth which in turn promotes greater academic achievement.
4. As parents we always want the best for our kids academically and physically? You want your kids to be active after school, watching less TV or playing fewer video games but funds are tight. How can you bring PE home to your kids? Buying a basketball hoop would be good, but those are expensive and what do your kids do on cold days? Maybe your child doesn't like traditional sports! We understand! Kids of all ages, abilities and personalities love sport stacking because it is fun and challenging. Teachers love sport stacking because it motivates kids to be more active and fit. Parents love sport stacking because it is affordable and you can buy your child something that benefits their body, brain and spirit!
We love cup stacking or sport stacking here at Reed. Once you know how to properly cup stack it is a lot of fun!
Don't forget to be wearing proper gym shoes and attire for PE everytime. Your schedule is on the PE website. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email us. It is the fastest way to get ahold of us.
Please don't forget to follow us on Twitter! Reed_PE_92
PE Rules and Guidelines
- Please always remember to wear gym shoes that have shoe laces or straps.
- Participation is apart of your grade. No one is perfect at anything, please make sure you are trying your best at everything.
- If you need your child to sit out of PE, please make sure you send them with a note. After 2 days they will need a doctors note to sit out
- If your child is sitting out they will be asked to do a sideline activity to earn their grade for the day.
Parents PLEASE do not hesitate to email us. This is the fastest way to get ahold of us.